Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Don't Shortchange Yourself


I currently have no intention of becoming a professional photographer and doubt that I ever will entertain the idea. However I am a member of the Focus ( Australia Seascape & Landscape Photography) group on both Flickr and Facebook and today followed a link shared by Stephane Millbank for those who do entertain the thought titled: How Much Should You Charge For A Photograph ? It was really informative and perhaps the issue of greatest importance to me was with respect to "repeatability" which refers to the time exclusivity of an image e.g a ship sinking. As with most sales, a photo is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. I now know that should I happen to capture an image of 'repeatability import', not to allow myself to be fleeced by someone else who stands to make a mint out of it. I would definitely consider my options.


No comments:

Post a Comment