Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Silhouette Photography

I always have difficulty answering the questions:
"What is your favourite subject to photograph ?" or " What is your favourite type of photography ?"
It can be mood dependent and as I gain more experience options open up to me which I would not have previously considered. One thing that has always fascinated me and continues to do so is silhouettes. Photography is all about light - either its abscence or presence and silhouettes play with reality. I've always loved the night and therefore the oft times ethereal images created using silhouettes are magical.
I resorted to playing with the silhouette idea when I found myself stuck at a night shoot with no tripod and the floodlight at the Goulburn War Memorial were perfect for creating some warm rim lighting effects on a co-operative subject
Some breathtaking silhouettes are depicted at smashingapps

I'd also love to try some effects based on Jasper James' work

No comments:

Post a Comment