Friday, October 14, 2011

Life Through A Marble

A very talented youth (Caleb) has created a wonderful set of images, each shot through a glass marble. Calebe let Alice in on his secret
"....To get the landscapes in the marble, I use a Canon XS DSLR camera with a 50mm f/1.8 lens and a 13mm Opteka extension tube. Equipped with the extension tube, the lens enables me to get extremely close to the marble, and to focus on just what is inside the marble. With the focus so close, I am able to get a sharp scene in the marble and the background just becomes a blur of colors...."
 I experimented with my own version and would suggest anyone who wants to give it a try locate some good quality glass marbles or otherwise the image when cropped will show up the impurities. I've decided to purchase a crystal ball for my next effort which should allow for more detail to be evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment